Protein is a key building block for healthy muscles, bones, and skin.
- The USDA reports that 30%-41% of women and 22%-38% of men over age 50 consume less than the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) of protein.
- Experts suggest that the protein RDA for older adults should actually be 25%-50% higher to optimize physical function.
- Insufficient protein increases risk of falls and skin breakdown.
- Increased protein intake is associated with a 26% reduction in stroke.
- Incorporating supplemental protein into a diet provides critical amino acid building blocks.
Not All Protein Supplements Are Equal
Some proteins are more difficult to metabolize than others.
- Our products contain high-quality whey protein. This protein breaks down easily and quickly in the body, making it ideal for seniors.
- A study published in the journal Nutrition Research found that older adults who took whey protein had greater muscle building compared with individuals who consumed other protein supplements.